Company: Internal Trustee
Phoenix, AZ 85016
View on a map
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
Merri has 45 years of experience in Employee Benefits, including Senior Vice President at TI-Trust; Senior Trust Officer at SunTrust; EB consultant with Wyatt Company; benefits manager at Jonathan Corp, an ESOP company; and senior benefits consultant and Team Leader with the NADA. Merri has been a member of the of the ESOP Association for over 40 years. She is a past chairperson for the Administrative Advisory Committee and current member of the Fiduciary Committee. Past member of the Board of Governors and current member on the Board of Trustees for the Employee Ownership Foundation. Merri recently retired from TI-Trust after 18 year and is now helping Internally Trusted ESOP Companies. She can be reached at www.InternalTrustee.com.
- Buying and selling of plan assets
- Ensuring that the ESOP loan terms are reasonable and coordinating the scheduled debt service payments
- Hiring the plan advisors and evaluating their opinions
- Voting and/or accepting direction to vote shares of company stock for shareholder meetings
- Monitoring the ESOP’s compliance with the plan and loan documents, trusts, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Evaluating ESOP transactions independently
- Accepting employer contributions and collecting income on plan assets
- Completing participant distributions and providing all the required tax reporting documents to retirees and terminated employees
- Providing statements to all necessary parties in a timely matter
Views this year: 683