Company: Internal Trustee
Phoenix, AZ 85016
View on a map
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
Merri has over 40 years experience in Employee Benefits services. Her past experience includes work as a Senior Trust Officer with SunTrust Bank, Employee Benefits Consultant with Wyatt Company, Benefits Manager with Jonathon Corporation, an ESOP company, and Team Leader and Senior Benefits Consultant with the National Automobile Dealers Association. She is a past chairperson for the Administrative Advisory Committee of The ESOP Association, current Board of Governors member for The ESOP Association, and current Board of Trustees member for The Employee Ownership Foundation. Merri recently retired from TI-TRUST, having served as Senior VP since 2002.
- Buying and selling of plan assets
- Ensuring that the ESOP loan terms are reasonable and coordinating the scheduled debt service payments
- Hiring the plan advisors and evaluating their opinions
- Voting and/or accepting direction to vote shares of company stock for shareholder meetings
- Monitoring the ESOP’s compliance with the plan and loan documents, trusts, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Evaluating ESOP transactions independently
- Accepting employer contributions and collecting income on plan assets
- Completing participant distributions and providing all the required tax reporting documents to retirees and terminated employees
- Providing statements to all necessary parties in a timely matter
Views this year: 225