Robert H. Hicks, Jr.
Company: Acclaro Valuation Advisors
Title: Managing Director
p: (360) 553-4849
f: (402) 896-0845
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
Robert H. Hicks, Jr., has provided valuation and consulting services to privately held businesses since 1992 and has over 35 years of experience in the financial services industry. He specializes in employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) valuations and other business transition planning, tax-driven valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and investment banking.
Mr. Hicks is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) credentials.
Before joining Acclaro Valuation Advisors, Mr. Hicks was the Managing Director of Kurios Financial Advisory, LLC, which he founded in 2005 as a boutique business valuation, appraisal and financial advisory services firm serving clients up and down the West Coast. With the merger of Kurios and Acclaro in July 2012, Mr. Hicks joined as a Managing Director, and currently heads up Acclaro’s Portland, Oregon office. He brings a depth of transactional experience and a consultative and problem-solving approach to Acclaro.
- B.S., Accounting and Finance, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1976
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Consultative support for ESOP feasibility analysis, including preliminary transaction valuations, and financial advisory services related to transactional structure, financing, tax planning, and other matters
- Valuations and other related financial advisory services supporting ESOP transactions, including fairness opinions, encompassing valuation, post transaction management compensation structure, and seller financing structure
- Valuations for annual ESOP updates
- Valuations for other exit planning strategies
- Consultative problem solving for ESOP trustees in repurchase liability funding, sponsor refinancing, management compensation, and related matters.
Mr. Hicks is an active member of The ESOP Association, the National Center for Employee Ownership, the American Society of Appraisers, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and its Forensics and Valuation Section.
Will Fancher, President, Cornerstone Holdings, Inc.
This was our first ESOP; Bob walked us through the entire process and gave us a good understanding of how all the pieces fit together. There is a lot of moving pieces in an ESOP, and he helped us not just with the valuation, but showed us the entire workings of the plan. We did the transaction 2 years ago; since then, when questions have come up, he's always been responsive and quick to follow up.
Mike Miller, CFO, EmpRes Healthcare, Inc.
Bob is very easy to work with, very through and uses very technical valuation methodology. He knows technical valuation very well, but can communicate the business aspects of that methodology in a very accessible manner. He writes very detailed valuation reports with a good executive summary for the business people. He is always timely and never misses deadlines. Requests for information are very concise and well defined.
Richard Schermerhorn, President/CEO, Imperial Manufacturing Ice Cold Coolers, Inc.
Robert Hicks gets my highest rating, I would enthusiastically recommend him to anyone who needs ESOP work. He's connected to the ESOP community, including many legal advisors, and he knows where to get answers, and how to get them. He stays abreast with changes in ESOP law. I can't recommend him highly enough, because as an ESOP company, we know that the quality of our advisors is paramount to our success.