Company: First Bankers Trust Services
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
First Bankers Trust ServicesAs an ESOP advisor, Danielle Montesano is involved in: Buying and selling of plan assets Ensuring that the ESOP loan terms are reasonable and coordinating the scheduled debt service payments ... Read the blog post >
Danielle Montesano joined First Bankers Trust Services in 2010. She is a Vice President in the Employee Benefit Group. She brings with her extensive experience and valuable knowledge gained from more than 15 years working with tax, ERISA, and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). She has concentrated expertise in fiduciary issues related to privately held stock valuations, DOL and IRS audit process and class action settlements involving plans holding employer securities. Ms. Montesano received her juris doctor from Loyola University Chicago School of Law, and began her career representing employee owned companies, lenders and trustees, with an emphasis on fiduciary law. Ms. Montesano is a frequent speaker and author on ESOP issues and is nationally recognized for her expertise.
Juris Doctor, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Buying and selling of plan assets
- Ensuring that the ESOP loan terms are reasonable and coordinating the scheduled debt service payments
- Hiring the plan advisors and evaluating their opinions
- Voting and/or accepting direction to vote shares of company stock for shareholder meetings
- Monitoring the ESOP’s compliance with the plan and loan documents, trusts, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Evaluating ESOP transactions independently
- Accepting employer contributions and collecting income on plan assets
- Completing participant distributions and providing all the required tax reporting documents to retirees and terminated employees
- Providing statements to all necessary parties in a timely matter